SMBC MANUBANK is committed to your privacy. Below is an explanation of how we collect, manage and protect your information.
Table of Contents
- What Personal Information We Collect
- How We Use Personal Information
- How We Share Personal Information
- How We Protect Your Personal Information
- Other SMBC Relationships
- Third-Party Services and Features
- Children’s Privacy
- Update Your Privacy Preferences
- Cookies and Other Tracking Technology
- Additional Resources
The terms "SMBC MANUBANK," "we," "us," or "our" mean SMBC MANUBANK, a member of SMBC Group. "You" means any U.S. consumer who accesses the Services.
2. What Personal Information We Collect
"Personal Information" collected by SMBC MANUBANK includes any data that identifies or relates to you as an individual. Personal Information collected by the Services includes:
Examples include name, username or similar identifier, date of birth, gender, marital status, and title.
Examples include postal address, email address, and telephone numbers.
Examples include bank account, transaction, and payment details from SMBC MANUBANK accounts and/or accounts you may link to the Services.
Examples include Social Security Numbers (SSNs) and driver's license, and passport numbers.
Examples include details about payments to and from your bank accounts and other details of products and services you have purchased from us.
Examples include your Internet Protocol (IP) address, your login data, the domain and host from which you access the Services, the date and time you access our online properties, browser and operating system data, and the internet address of the site from which you linked to the Services.
Examples include your username and password, interests, communications or other preferences, feedback, and survey responses.
Examples include data about how you use our websites and apps, products, and services.
Examples include fingerprints or voice prints, voice recordings, and keystroke patterns.
Examples include approximate geographic location inferred from an IP address.
Marketing and Communications Data
Examples include correspondence and other communications for the purposes of providing client support and your communication preferences.
3. How We Use Personal Information
SMBC MANUBANK uses the Personal Information above for the following purposes:
- Providing products and services to consumers
- Identifying and preventing fraud
- Verifying your identity
- Conducting data analysis and research
- Improving products and services
- Marketing and advertising
- Maintaining internal systems and infrastructure
- Ensuring compliance with all other applicable laws and regulations
- Responding to civil, criminal, or regulatory requests
- Auditing related to a current interaction with the consumer
- Detecting security incidents, protecting against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent or illegal activity, and prosecuting those responsible for that activity
- Identifying and debugging errors that impair functionality
- Permissible short-term transient use
- For any other use disclosed at, or before the point of collecting the Personal Information
4. How We Share Personal Information
SMBC MANUBANK shares the Personal Information above with the following parties:
- Our parent company – Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation ("SMBC")
- Business partners
- Service providers
- Third parties with whom you authorize or direct us to share your information
- Government entities and others with whom we share information for legal or necessary purposes
5. How We Protect Your Personal Information
The protection of your personal information, including U.S. Social Security Numbers, is a top priority for SMBC MANUBANK and we always work to limit access to personal information solely to authorized employees, agents, contractors, and/or vendors. We also maintain physical, technical, and administrative safeguards designed to protect personal information against any loss or misuse while in our possession.
6. Other SMBC Relationships
7. Third-Party Services and Features
For your convenience and information, the Services may provide links to other online services, which may include third-party features such as apps, tools, widgets, or plug-ins. These online services and third-party features may operate independently from us and are subject to their own independent privacy policies, which we strongly suggest you review. To the extent any linked online services or third-party features are not owned or controlled by SMBC MANUBANK, we are not responsible for these third-party privacy practices.
8. Children's Privacy
Our Services are designed for a general audience and are not intended for, or directed to children. In connection with the Services, we do not knowingly collect any personal information from children under the age of 13 without parental consent. If you believe that a child under age 13 may have provided us with personal information without parental consent, please contact us as soon as possible.
10. Cookies and Other Tracking Technology
A "cookie" is a text file that is stored to your browser when you visit a website. Unique device identifiers like IP address or UDID recognize a visitor's computer or other device used to access the internet. Unique device identifiers are used alone, and in conjunction with cookies and other tracking technologies for the purpose of "remembering" computers or other devices used to access the Services.
We may also use other technologies like pixels or tags that allow us to measure responses to our email communications.
Cookies are often classified by duration and by source:
- Duration - The Services use both "session" and "persistent" cookies. While session cookies are temporary and terminate when you close your browser, persistent cookies remember you on subsequent visits. Persistent cookies are not deleted when you close your browser and will remain on your computer or other device unless you choose to delete them (see below for "How to Delete or Block Cookies").
- Source - Cookies can be "first-party" or "third-party" cookies, which means that they are either issued by, or on behalf of SMBC MANUBANK or by a third-party operator of another website.
The cookies used by the Services fall into the following categories:
- Strictly Necessary Cookies - These cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions taken by you such as logging in, or filling in forms. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies; however, blocking them may limit certain functionality of the Services.
- Performance Cookies - These cookies allow us to monitor visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve the performance of our Services. Most commonly, they help us to know which pages are the most popular and see how visitors interact with the Services. All information these cookies collect is aggregated. If you do not allow these cookies, we may not know when you have accessed the Services, and will be less able to effectively monitor their performance.
- Functionality Cookies - These cookies enable enhanced functionality and personalization when using the Services. They may be set by us or third-party service providers and if you do not allow these cookies, some of the functionality of the Services may be limited.
How to Delete or Block Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies
When technically feasible, we enable tools to help you make choices about cookies and other tracking technologies. You may also delete or block cookies at any time by changing your browser settings. You can click "Help" in the toolbar of your browser for instructions or review the cookie management guide produced by the Interactive Advertising Bureau available at www.allaboutcookies.org. If you delete or block cookies, some features of the Services may not function properly.